Saturday, April 2, 2011

NOTD Featuring Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure

As stated in my previous post, I am now the official owner of a flakie polish! So, I had to do it in my next manicure. I am learning that flakies are something that has to be played around with. Not in terms of use or ease of use etc. But in terms of what colors it will go with. I have seen the black cream base time and time again. So I wanted to do something different. I picked out a color that I had been dying to try and used it for the base color on top of my seche clear base coat. Then I did some accent painting and a layer of Hidden Treasure with SV as a top coat.

It is not a favorite manicure of mine at all but it has flakies so I am mesmerized! I think that the base color is just not right for the flakies. They are sort of dominant in their orange shimmer and that takes away from certain colors/doesn't go with them.


From left to right and in order of use on the nail:
Seche Clear Base Coat
China Glaze Seduce Me
China Glaze High Hopes
Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat


Closer shots to view the 2 colors better.


Finished design while holding my new beauty!


You can see the accents of High Hopes a lot better
from this shot.


The orange of Hidden Treasure makes the red of the
Seduce Me look to orangey... if that makes sense.


The flakies are still cool though!


You can't see it here but hopefully I hold on to this nail
Poor thing has been cracked right on the right side
for over 2 weeks now. I am waiting for it to grow out
past the very tip of the nail bed to file it down...
WAHHHHHH!!! :,-(







Sorry for the pic heavy post but I was too excited about my new haul that I could not resist.

I hope you are as excited as me! Ha ha,

Happy Polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Please feel free to ask questions and I will do my best to answer them! Happy Polishing!